All Apps and Add-ons

Splunkweb Navigation conflict between Splunk Add-on for Cisco ISE and the Splunk Add-on for Infoblox

_smp_
Builder

I recently installed the Splunk Add-on for InfoBlox as a fairly new Splunk user, and there seems to be a conflict between that and the Cisco ISE add-on. When I click on the Infoblox app in the search interface, I see all the ISE menus and search data. The data appears to be indexed correctly, as the search sourcetype=infoblox*pulls back events. Here's a screenshot of how the menu looks - not sure how to troubleshoot this?
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

dtregonning_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Scottprigge,

Are you referring to https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2934/

This add-on doesn't contain any views so i would recommend switching the visibility of the Add-On to disabled.

Thank You Kindly
Don

View solution in original post

dtregonning_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Scottprigge,

Are you referring to https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2934/

This add-on doesn't contain any views so i would recommend switching the visibility of the Add-On to disabled.

Thank You Kindly
Don

_smp_
Builder

Whoa, sorry about the long title there.

Thanks for the response. You were right, I enabled visibility...but that was because I can't figure how to view the data. The doc claims to create include "prebuilt dashboard panels", but I'm not seeing any. What am I supposed to do after installing the add-on?

0 Karma

dtregonning_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are some prebuilt panels that are shipped with the add-on.

If you create a new dashboard you should be able to add the prebuilt panels.

0 Karma

_smp_
Builder

Yep, you were right. Sorry for the newbie question, I'm still getting familiar with the product.

Only four panels?

0 Karma

dtregonning_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey Scott, No problems.
Only 4 panels

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...