All Apps and Add-ons

Splunkbase Add-on details tab does not intercept Markdown code for images.

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

The details tab on our add-on page (Administrator tools > Manage App > Details) says it supports Markdown. We have added images to the content but it does not render. The syntax is inline with https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#img. Is there anything else that I am missing?

0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance ,

I've tried to embed an image and can confirm that is doesn't work. I reported the problem to splunkbase-admin AT splunk.com and linked to this post.

I'll report here if I get any feedback.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

I've tried to embed an image and can confirm that is doesn't work. I reported the problem to splunkbase-admin AT splunk.com and linked to this post.

I'll report here if I get any feedback.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Thank you !

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

I've just checked and it works for me, I can add and modify images on the splunkbase app page.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

I've also checked and here by confirm that the images are correctly rendering on the details tab of the add-on page. Thank you for following up.

0 Karma

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you for asking a question @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance,

I'm glad you found a helpful answer from @PavelP. If their answer solved your issue please click “Accept” directly below the answer to resolve the post.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance , does it work for you now?

I've got a reply from splunk:

Thank you for confirming this issue I will bring up this issue with our on call engineer.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance

when you edit the detail page, at the top of the edit window you see a tab with a image, click on it, upload your image, get a link and paste it in your markdown. Here is code from my page:

text text text
![description](19c45e74-1f8f-11ea-abd4-0a32b91f18a8.png)
another text text text.

let me know if it worked. If not, I'll post a screenshot.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Hi Pavel,

We have followed the similar process of uploading the image and pasting the link in the markdown. Here is the code

![alt text][overview]
 [overview]: (image link "Optional Title")

I also tried to alter the syntax according to what you've suggested but the images still does not render.
Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...