All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Website Monitoring App NTLMv2

michael_mcgrail
Engager

Hello,
Luke has a fantastic app. in the Website Monitoring app. Recently, our environment restricted NTLM authentication, now only supporting NTLMv2 (or kerberos) which has killed any use of domain accounts. Any chance of supporting NTLMv2 (or kerberos)?

Thanks, and have a great day,
Mike

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

I have a ticket to look into this (ticket 2337).

I will say that NTLM support has been difficult to support for several reasons. I'm going to try updating the underlying libraries in hopes that NTLM2 support will work.

0 Karma

jackgoldsworthy

Hi Luke

I have been looking to get a website input with NTLM authentication into Splunk. Any progress on that ticket?

Thanks

Regards,

Jack

0 Karma

michael_mcgrail
Engager

It appears this may be fixed in version 2.7.3. Testing in my environment does appear successful thus far. Luke, any chance you can confirm the updated libraries have allowed NTLMv2 now?

Thanks again,
Mike

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

I would love to take credit for this but I can't think of anything that would have fixed this. I had tried to update the libraries but ran into lots of issues. Thus, I put it aside for now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...