All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Security Essential not loading correctly

promisingbank
Engager

Hi,

I am building a lab environment, loaded with the boss of the soc pre-indexed data. I installed all the apps, and everything was working. I needed to restore my VM from a previous snapshot, though, and my Splunk Security Essentials stopped loading. I found community recommendations to _bump recommendation in the splunk community article "why-does-the-splunk-security-essentials-app-has-mi" (not enough karma to post the link) Number One: Most Likely
The most common culprit for this is a core bug with refreshing static assets. To get around this, run a _bump by browsing to http://yoursplunk:8000/en-US/_bump and click the button.

I also tried removing the app from /opt/splunk/etc/apps/ and reinstalled it. "

Is there something else I can try to restore SES?
alt text

jamesjarrett
Path Finder

Try this fix:
| inputlookup SSE-default-data-inventory-products.csv
| outputlookup data_inventory_products_lookup

it wipes any manual stuff you have already done, but the next time you try it actually works. Its worth a try.

0 Karma

ssadanala1
Contributor

whhich version of sse is it ?3.0.6 ?

0 Karma

GDustin
Path Finder

me too; v.3.1.0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...