All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Mobile Beta

jchapell
Explorer

I have the app on my sandbox (test splunk) instance, and the app on my phone, what needs to be configured/opened to allow device registration? There is no documentation. Or is the splunk mobile only good if you use splunk in the cloud?

Tags (1)

nickhills
Ultra Champion

If you had the Beta versions, you should upgrade to the LAR versions released in December.
You still have to be invited to install the LAR mobile apps, but the Cloud Gateway is now available on splunkbase:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4250/

Once you have the latest versions
Open the Cloud Gateway App on the SH.
Go to configure, and enable Splunk Mobile.
Then go to all devices and add a new device.

Enter the code generated on the mobile app, and give your device a name.
Finally enter your credentials, and your device will register.

One thing to note - if your SH is subject to SSL inspection, the process will fail silently because spacebridge wont trust the SSL cert provided by your proxy - you may need to bypass inspection to get the devices to pair.

Docs are available here:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Mobile/LAR/Overview/About

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

jchapell
Explorer

I've installed what i was pointed to via the email. Still does not work.

0 Karma

davebo1896
Communicator

That Doc link is redirecting to the Docs home page. Is it publicly viewable?

jchapell
Explorer

I have Splunk Mobile(Beta) v 1.0(129) installed from TestFlight and Splunk Cloude Gateway (beta) (AKA Spacebridge) Cloud Gateway Version: 1.0.0+263 installed on my search head

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Which App do you have on your phone?
Do you mean the Splunk Mobile(Beta) installed from TestFlight? - Which version?

Have you installed Splunk Cloud Gateway (beta) (AKA Spacebridge) on your test Searchhead? - Again, which version?

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

jchapell
Explorer

I have Splunk Mobile(Beta) v 1.0(129) installed from TestFlight and Splunk Cloude Gateway (beta) (AKA Spacebridge) Cloud Gateway Version: 1.0.0+263 installed on my search head

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...