All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk MA App for Netcool does not send snmp traps

wluca

Hi,

I have configured the SNMP Splunk MA App as described in: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3596/#/details
Geneated a triggered alert that all works fine.
I even can see the triggerd alert in index=_internal source="*/log/splunk/netcool_custom_modular_alert.log"
So the APP seems to be configured correctly. However if no snmp trap has been send to my netcool probe...

I have setup a tcpdump on the server where the trap is send from. It does not capture packets.
the snmpd deamon is running. Any Idea why no traps are send?

thanks

Wichard

0 Karma

wluca

SNMP Splunk MA App for Netcool - 3.0 released on april 4th solved our issue with the community string. now in stead of "public" the oid is send which we have set in the SNMP Splunk MA App.

0 Karma

wluca

I did use a fake Enterprise OID: 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8"

When using this fake OID nothing gets sent out, when you change it to a valid OID like 1.3.6.1.2.1.43.18.2.0.1 it starts working.
The only problem I have now is that the community string is send as "public"...although I have configured it not as public in the APP itself

0 Karma

kkrishnan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you please install wireshark on your receiver host, configure it to capture packets over the wifi or network interface, key in the word "snmp" and see if you're getting any traps ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...