All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Exchange app (server performance)

L3on1d
Explorer

Hello! How app will affect on the overall server performance? CPU/Memory/Network? And how I can calculate space for incoming data/logs (if possible). Thanks!

0 Karma

rturk
Builder

I have done a few deployments for different clients, and I have not seen any adverse impact to the servers performing collections. That includes client access, edge transport, hub transport, and mailbox servers.

That being said, every environment is different, and I always recommend testing on a candidate server (preferably in a model environment) to make sure it plays nice with your servers & resident applicaitons and doesn't introduce adverse load (which I am yet to see, but due dilligence is always a good idea).

From there you can extrapolate how much data you should expect to see in a production deployment & plan accordingly.

I hope this is of some use to you 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...