All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Enterprise not recognizing Splunk Add-on for Cisco ESA

splunkcw17

Hi All,

I'm trying to install the Cisco ESA Add-on App https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1761/

However when setting this up in Cisco Security Suite, it doesn't recognize the app after I've uploaded it - please see screenshots.

It does however recognize it when configuring a data input, please could you advise?

Thanks!

alt text

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

the cisco:esa:legacy means you had an older version of the add-on installed before the source types were renamed to follow best practices, your events indexed with the older source types cisco_esa and cisco:esa are now searchable under this new source type.

About data not being visible the email dashboards, there rely on event type = cisco-esa. check your data and see if the event type is present. if you have the latest version of the add-on, they should be.

the eventtype uses this search
(sourcetype="cisco:esa:textmail" OR sourcetype=cisco:esa:legacy) AND (MID OR ICID OR DCID)

Try it and see if you get any results.

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

khalidrucker

Hello, can you please advise on how you bypassed the original error, "No data found. Please install this add-on"?

0 Karma

splunkcw17

I've got the ESA add-on app loaded and visible in Cisco Security Suite, however ESA logs appear in the main security suite dashboard (with cisco:esa:legacy sourcetype) but not in the 'email security' tab - any ideas on this please?

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...