All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DBConnect 3.1.1 Build 34 There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).

bradob
Explorer

After completing the SQL Query and then setting the properties for an input, I cannot click the finish button without getting the following error:

There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID 7af858e1614ada9e).

If I click on it again I get a different ID. Tried going through the logs, did not see anything pointing to why it won't complete the process.

Anyone else get past this?

More info:
Using DBConnect 3.1.1 build 34
Connecting to a Microsoft SQL DB using MS-SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver. Host verified and port verified on connection.
SQL query executes successfully.

1 Solution

bradob
Explorer

We were able to get this to work through the backend and entering the same query into the backend db_inputs.conf \etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\local\

View solution in original post

rita201
Loves-to-Learn

Am having similar issue, please did you ever get any solution on this issue? Another concern is that i upgraded Splunk to 8.1.1 and db connect to 3.4.2. I have a data connection that is point to MS generic driver. please can i have a url that i will get that drive from as well?

0 Karma

mens26794
Engager

Vi into db_inputs.conf, add new input along with query and save, then I restart Splunk, log back into the UI and the new input should show up. Hope this helps

gabmsmith
Engager

This worked for me too.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I was getting this when i was trying to install the Microsoft SQL Server driver:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/download-microsoft-jdbc-driver-for-sql-server?view...
As described here:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers

When using the v13 and v11 JAR files, I got this error. However, when I used the v8 JAR, I did not get any errors and it showed up correctly on the drivers screen.

km1986
Path Finder

Thanks, this helped me when I faced the same issue

0 Karma

arunsundarm
Engager

Hey all is this a known error

0 Karma

mgnzlz
Engager

Hi everyone, If someone knows, was this bug fixed? If it isnt fixed, ill have to use the work around on my enviroment.

Thanks for the work arround, @bradob .

0 Karma

nick405060
Motivator

It is not fixed. Does this surprise anyone?

0 Karma

Kawtar
Path Finder

Hello @nick405060

If the problem is about your connections in hosts in splunk db connect you should search if there is the same stanza in other db_connections.conf. can you check if you have twice stanza.

0 Karma

bradob
Explorer

We were able to get this to work through the backend and entering the same query into the backend db_inputs.conf \etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\local\

gabmsmith
Engager

My team was able to get this to work through the backend, too. Another thing to add here is that I kept getting this error when my SQL query started with "EXEC." When I asked the user for a query that started with "SELECT" because most of our other queries start with that, I stopped getting the error and it worked. I do not know enough about SQL to speak to the significance of this difference, but this is the behavior we are seeing. Splunk seems to take EXEC on the backend but not in the UI, and SELECT in the UI works.

0 Karma

ghazaleahmadi20
Explorer
I manually created 
the db_inputs.conf file
but it does not run😓
what should i do?
0 Karma

mens26794
Engager

Vi into db_inputs.conf, add new input along with query and save, then I restart Splunk, log back into the UI and the new input should show up. Hope this helps

0 Karma

justodaniel
Path Finder

I had the same problem and managed to bypass it by editing the configuration file.
I still do not know why it does not save the page, but editing the file directly through linux works fine.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bradob, if this worked for you, please accept the same as answer to mark this question as answered.

gbower333
Path Finder

I had the same issue with DBX v3.1.3 with MS SQL query setups in the GUI:

ERROR ... Error handling a request:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.splunk.dbx.server.util.ResultSetMetaDataUtil.isTableHavingSameNameColumns

I updated the configurations on the back end and they work fine.

0 Karma

bradob
Explorer

This should be considered a workaround / bug that should be corrected in DBConnect

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bradob, you should mark your question with BUG tag. Also reach out to Splunk Support if you have Splunk Entitlement. However, I feel this issue might be just impacting you.

bradob
Explorer

Java version : 1.8.0_152-b16

0 Karma

RichardRose2018
Engager

I have exactly the same issue.
However the "Answer" / Workround below is not permitted in my environment as I do not have shell access to the server.
Please can we raise this as a bug in dbConnect - since if the SQL parses then the connection etc is valid.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...