All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB connect is not working for DB2 database

ashikuma
Explorer

Splunk DB connect is not working for DB2 database.
Installed drivers for DB2 :
db2jcc.jar
db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar
db2jcc_license_cu.jar
PROGRESS_DATADIRECT_JDBC_DB2_ALL.jar

Getting license error : [ibm][db2][jcc][10333][11649] No license was found. An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar must be provided in the CLASSPATH setting.

I tried to update classpath for license file but then Splunk restart , nothing is working, please help...

export CLASSPATH="$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/db2jcc-libs/db2jcc_license_cu.jar"

Tried for another license file as well but again error is same

ivanreis
Builder

Per my research, the db2jcc.jar driver is now deprecated. After version 3.72, which is delivered with DB2 Version 11.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Mod 1 Fix Pack 1, db2jcc.jar will include no new features. However, fixes will continue to be delivered.

check this link -> https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/db2-jdbc-driver-versions-and-downloads

In additional I found this answer where you can deploy in your environment to test if this issue can be fixed.

further information -> https://answers.splunk.com/answers/603344/ibm-db2-error-an-appropriate-license-file-db2jcc-l.html

0 Karma

ashikuma
Explorer

Anyone , any idea over this error for DB2 database.

0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you update permissions/ownership of the jar files you uploaded? If you're running as the splunk user, ensure that user can read them.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...