All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect to Oracle Instance

royimad
Builder

I have installed DB Connect Apps and try to connect to oracle instance but i'm getting the following error.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'dbx-databases': Unknown error while validating database connection

Tags (2)
0 Karma

potatok
Explorer

I got the same issue. Find dms.jar from Oracle installation and put it under etc/app/dbx/bin/lib/dms.jar

David
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For any future viewers, downloading the mysql jdbc connector and moving it into this same directory fixes similar errors for mysql.

0 Karma

MattZerfas
Communicator

Where exactly do I find the dms.jar?

0 Karma

rementis
Explorer

same here, in logs I get this:
2013-03-18 15:22:53.760 dbx5499:ERROR:BridgeSession - Exception occured while executing command: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/dms/console/DMSConsole

no idea what jars to use, i've tried any number of combinations.

0 Karma

royimad
Builder

Thanks, I'm still getting this error. I was wondering if their are a step by step procedure to configure an Oracle database connection, and what happen if i'm using Splunk free license , how gona calculate 500 MB per day from a database.

0 Karma

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

also, check that you JBridge server is currently up and running. Have you configured the app?

0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are several DBX related logs that get added into the _internal index. Search for index=_internal source=*jbridge* and see if there is more information about the error there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...