All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect to MySQL with SSL and cert

cpuppet
Path Finder

Does anyone has idea how to setup MySQL connection using SSL and certs?
I've read the answer below and imported my ca.pem into the keystore, but still not working?

Connect Splunk DB Connect to MariaDB with SSL and cert 1 answer
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/611126/connect-splunk-db-connect-to-mariadb-with-ssl-and.html?utm...

I've also search the web regarding jdbc connections using ssl certs, but still unable to see which or how am I suppose to load these certs into the app so I can connect to my database
and the db_connections.conf.spec.example from README folder included in the app doesn't have MySQL usage in it

I have
ssl-ca=ca.pem
ssl-cert=server-cert.pem
ssl-key=server-key.pem

which of these should I import into keystore/truststore?

0 Karma

grishazdravkov
Engager

Yeah same issue in 2021, from an app perspective there is no information where you should import the keys.

I hope someone give us an answer. I have tried importing the keys in the java keystore and in the app into the default.jks file. I also tried creating a custom keystore and trust store, whoever it seems the app doesn't pick it up.

0 Karma

sandip_bhoi

Hi,

Did you get any answer for this? I am also looking for the same.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...