I have 2 connections with a Microsoft DB using Splunk DB Connect 2.
For some time, everything was OK, but all of sudden Splunk stopped indexing new data.
Looking at _internal, I saw these following errors:
01/04/2016 17:19:44 [ERROR] [websocket.py] ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException:java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object. 01/04/2016 17:19:44 [ERROR] [ws.py] [DBInput Service] Exception encountered from server on_message for entity-name = mi_input://Input_PT and type = input with error = ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException:java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object.
I've read that maybe DB Connect 1 could solve this issue.
Have anyone seen this before?
Thanks in advance
I had the same issue. Increasing maxTotalConn from 16 to 100 seems to have fixed it so far.
maxTotalConn = 100
Increasing maxTotalConn from 16 to 100 worked here as well!
I had the same issue but I did not have that file path mentioned. Mine was called db_connections.conf in that directory. That setting was not in there either. So I placed the setting in there but just doing that did not work. I had to restart Splunk after that; not sure if they had to but they didn't mention it.
Anyway, after putting that setting in and restarting Splunk, my connection started working again.
jsilverbears you might wanna check under the default instead of local directory, that's where I found mine in order to resolve the issue.