All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I getting error "Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object"?

Communicator

Hello Splunkers.

I have 2 connections with a Microsoft DB using Splunk DB Connect 2.
For some time, everything was OK, but all of sudden Splunk stopped indexing new data.
Looking at _internal, I saw these following errors:

01/04/2016 17:19:44 [ERROR] [websocket.py] ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException:java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object.

01/04/2016 17:19:44 [ERROR] [ws.py] [DBInput Service] Exception encountered from server on_message for entity-name = mi_input://Input_PT and type = input with error = ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException:java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object.

I've read that maybe DB Connect 1 could solve this issue.
Have anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted

Re: Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I getting error "Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object"?

Path Finder

I had the same issue. Increasing maxTotalConn from 16 to 100 seems to have fixed it so far.

In splunkappdbconnect/local/dbconnection_types.conf:
[default]
maxTotalConn = 100

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I getting error "Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object"?

Communicator

Hi Heath,

Increasing maxTotalConn from 16 to 100 worked here as well!
Thanks!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Path Finder

I had the same issue but I did not have that file path mentioned. Mine was called db_connections.conf in that directory. That setting was not in there either. So I placed the setting in there but just doing that did not work. I had to restart Splunk after that; not sure if they had to but they didn't mention it.

Anyway, after putting that setting in and restarting Splunk, my connection started working again.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

jsilverbears you might wanna check under the default instead of local directory, that's where I found mine in order to resolve the issue.

0 Karma