All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory...Access denied...

laurazeno
Explorer

I am attempting to connect to a MySQL database through the Splunk DB Connect 2 app. I am not sure what this error means in terms of the app and Splunk. See below...

Validating connection with URL [jdbc:mysql://:3306/] failed: java.sql.SQLException:,Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'splunk'@'' (using password: YES))

Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That means user splunk with some password has been denied access to your database.

Do the usual dance - verify host, port, user, password, permissions, solar activity, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That means user splunk with some password has been denied access to your database.

Do the usual dance - verify host, port, user, password, permissions, solar activity, etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...