All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure Setup Wizard does not display

Explorer

I installed the windows app and then the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure. When I launch the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure, the setup wizard is supposed to display but all I get is a blank screen. Tried IE and Firefox, added Java exceptions and security exceptions.

Highlighted

Re: Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure Setup Wizard does not display

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk Enterprise are you running?

There was a bug that caused pages not to display after an upgrade to Splunk 6.2 but this was fixed in version 1.1.1. Can you confirm that you are running the latest version of Splunk and the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure? Thanks.

0 Karma
Highlighted

I have installed splunk-6.2.2-255606-x64-release and I am also getting a blank webpage both in Firefox and IE. I could not spot any error in the logs. Is this issue really fixed? Thank you.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Has this issue been resolved for you? I'm running version 6.2.4-271043, and the splunk app for windows still does not display.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Communicator

Happening to me on splunk 6.1.5

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

Same here, I'm running Splunk 6.3.3 with Win Infrastructure App version 1.2.0

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey guys, have you tried kicking off the process from the Tools > Guided Setup menu?

Also, have you reviewed splunkd.log to see if there are any errors that the app generates?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

I tried various ways of attempting to access the guided setup menu. However in Chrome and IE, I get the following error messages in console:

Refused to execute script from 'https://xxxxxxx:8000/dj/static/js/build/splunkjs.min/config.js' because its MIME type ('text/x-js') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.
xxxxxxx/:220 Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined
xxxxxxx/:230 Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined
xxxxxxx/:237 Uncaught ReferenceError: requirejs is not defined

The only browser that worked for me is Firefox, was able to go ahead with the installation and use the app. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

In splunkd.log I did not see any errors related to the app, only warnings of the following:

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunkappwindowsinfrastructure/lookups/windowsservicesservice.csv is empty, multi-line header is missing matching quotation, or could not parse CSV header
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk
appwindowsinfrastructure/lookups/windowsprocessessystem.csv is empty, multi-line header is missing matching quotation, or could not parse CSV header
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunkappwindowsinfrastructure/lookups/windowsservices_system.csv is empty, multi-line header is missing matching quotation, or could not parse CSV header

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you for this bit of information.

I will run this by our engineers and see what they say. If you haven't already, please file a support case, it makes investigating and resolving this kind of stuff happen a lot faster.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks, just created a support case and referenced this post in my case. Will let you know if I hear anything back from them.

0 Karma