All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Cisco UCS not collecting data

lelakshm
Engager

Hi,
I just installed the Splunk App for Cisco UCS and configured the managers.csv and credentials.csv as mentioned in the readme. Also copied the apps to SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ section, however, there's no data collection happening. I also tried executing Collect.py with the UCSM instance and the script didn't return anything nor did it thrown any errors.

credentials.csv contents:
realm,username,password
dev,ucs-local\admin,password

managers.csv contents:
server,realm
ipaddress,dev

This ucs instance is configured for local authentication. please let me know what am i missing here?

Thanks

halr9000
Motivator

Try running it at the command-line with INFO logging level:

-- if using lightweight forwarder:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python $SPLUNK_HOME/Splunk_TA_CiscoUCS/bin/Collect.py -l INFO topSystem

If using Universal + system Python:

python $SPLUNK_HOME/Splunk_TA_CiscoUCS/bin/Collect.py -l INFO topSystem

And if you are running the TA on a Heavy Forwarder--let me know, could also be related.

0 Karma

brandonrivera01

Maybe your credential line should be:
dev,ucs-local\admin,password

So ucs-local is auth domain and admin is the user.

0 Karma

brandonrivera01

Actually, it looks like the forum posting code is stripping the \ (slash) between ucs-local and admin, so you probably already have that right.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...