All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux: Transforms.conf [vmstat_linux] stanza has a mistake in the FORMAT label contextswitch:$14. Should be contextswitch::$14

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

In the transforms.conf the stanza vmstat_linux has a mistake in the FORMAT label
contextswitch:$14

It should be change to contextswitch::$14

Regards,

1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Filed as TAG-10474 -- thank you jmallorquin.

View solution in original post

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Filed as TAG-10474 -- thank you jmallorquin.

ppablo
Retired

Hi @jmallorquin

Can you actually post the formal answer below in the "Enter your answer here..." box, then accept the answer to resolve this post?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Probably the best way to handle "Questions" like this is to post the SPL-* number associated with the support case. This could be done either by the OP, by support or by other bystanders willing to take the extra time to open a case. There has to be some reason that there is a bug tag...

0 Karma

vinceskahan
Path Finder

really ?

shouldn't you have answered with "thanks for the bug report and solution - please go to to report this so it gets fixed in a future version of splunk" ?

ppablo
Retired

My goal is to make sure content is useful and searchable for the entire Splunk community, and that includes making sure questions with obvious answers are actually resolved so it's easily searchable for other users to find. You sharing this will help others that come across issues related to this, so your help is appreciated.

When tagging a post with the official tag for the referenced app/add-on from Splunkbase (blue tags), the developers are notified via email that a question was asked about the app/add-on. Of course, to get more traction on the issue at hand with regards to a bug, it's best to actually submit the bug through official means http://www.splunk.com/r/bugs

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I downvoted this post because it is unnecessarily rude. we're all working to make splunk answers a useful site, being snarky is not helpful to anyone.

vinceskahan
Path Finder

I think you overreacted if you think that was rude. If you want the site useful, helping the original poster know how to report a bug would have added value.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...