All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Netflow Windows compatibility

jmcrabb
Explorer

Are there plans to make a Windows Server compatible version of this add-on? If so, what's the timeframe?

Jim

0 Karma
1 Solution

rgaleone1
Path Finder

Jim -
This TA relies on NFDUMP tools to capture, and translate NetFlow off the wire, from binary data into flat files for indexing into Splunk. NFDUMP tools are only available for *nix systems at this time and I don't see them being ported to Windows anytime soon. This is out of the control of Splunk, but I would point you to NetFlow for Splunk powered by NetFlow Integrator. NetFlow Integrator is compatible with Windows, although I've never used it on a Windows box. A link to NFDUMP tools should you consider spinning up a *nix box.

Hope this helps.

[Edit]: Additional answers to similar questions.

View solution in original post

rgaleone1
Path Finder

Jim -
This TA relies on NFDUMP tools to capture, and translate NetFlow off the wire, from binary data into flat files for indexing into Splunk. NFDUMP tools are only available for *nix systems at this time and I don't see them being ported to Windows anytime soon. This is out of the control of Splunk, but I would point you to NetFlow for Splunk powered by NetFlow Integrator. NetFlow Integrator is compatible with Windows, although I've never used it on a Windows box. A link to NFDUMP tools should you consider spinning up a *nix box.

Hope this helps.

[Edit]: Additional answers to similar questions.

jmcrabb
Explorer

Thanks for the info!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...