All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-On builder Security Vulnerability

mcsnorkey
Explorer

Hi, 

I've found a bug in the Splunk Add-on Builder and I've tried to report it but I'm not having much luck.

From my Splunk account I try to open a ticket and get this message:  "It appears you do not have an active Support Contract or entitlement, and as a result, cannot open a Support case"

From the add-on builder page I try to file a case but that just goes to:  "URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com."

I tried calling Splunk but they put me through to sales then dropped my call.

I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction to help Splunk fix this issue.

Thanks.

0 Karma

tchavez_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Howdy! Sorry for the trouble you're seeing trying to report the bug.

I've reached out to a few folks internally who may jump in but feel free to reach me directly at tchavez@splunk.com

Best,

Tom

mcsnorkey
Explorer

Hi tchavez, 

I've sent you an email detailing the issue.

Hopefully it gets fixed  🙂

Thanks for reaching out.

Cheers.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

youngsuh
Contributor

what version of add-on builder that give you the issue?  I have the latest version.  I get no such error.

0 Karma

mcsnorkey
Explorer

Hi youngsuh, 

I have emailed Splunk and I'll let them disclose any further information on the issue if they want.

The issue exists for me in both 4.0.0 and 4.1.0.

cheers.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try https://ideas.splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

mcsnorkey
Explorer

Hi Rich, 

Thanks for the idea - I have a similar problem though in that I don't want to explicitly detail the flaw in a public forum for everyone to read about - I'd rather have a way of notifying Splunk directly but that seems very hard to do.  I might see if any of my colleagues have a direct line with Splunk.

Thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...