All Apps and Add-ons

SolarWinds app modular error.

NHLaurent
Explorer

Hi All,

I've installed the latest SolarWinds Add-on for Splunk (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3584/#/details)

After installing and restart I'm getting the following error;
Unable to initialize modular input "solwarwinds_query" defined in the app "Splunk_TA_SolarWinds": Introspecting scheme=solwarwinds_query: script running failed (exited with code 1)..

When opening the app it just sits there spinning its logo.

Any ideas

Splunk Ent V8 on WIndows.

Anon4Now
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Running into the same modular loading issue. Installing on HF on-prem and this issue is occurring. 

With Py 2 being given an official end-date, I would like to know if there the community has found a way to get this working on Py3.

0 Karma

asearson
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt reply @ehaddad_splunk, and thanks for your work on this AddOn! It's a great addition to our SIEM solution in ES.

Our Security team's workaround at the moment is using an older 8.0.4.1 Heavy Forwarder (HF) to run this specific SolarWinds AddOn, while the rest of the SplunkBase Apps are running on our recently upgraded 8.1.0 HF. 

It's odd that the SplunkBase page shows Version 1.1.0 (March 30, 2020) as COMPATIBILITY for 8.1, as tho it had been properly vetted for release. However, if you look inside the TGZ download, there isn't the same aob_py2 and aob_py3 folders that we see in other 8.1 compatible apps from SplunkWorks , such as "Microsoft Azure Add on for Splunk" (June 2020):

0 Karma

PG
Explorer

Let me know what you find out.  I had uninstalled the add -on and started over and as soon as I install a fresh copy it started with the same issue and didn't let me configure anything.  

PG
Explorer

Having the same issue did you ever get this fixed?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...