All Apps and Add-ons

Sideview Admin Tools

Zubbuz
Loves-to-Learn

Hi,

I have installed "Sideview Admin Tools" from Splunk base but is throwing below error when trying to access:

Unexpected Error: SideviewAppNotInstalled. Please contact Sideview Support.

@sideview 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try installing the Sideview app?  Not Sideview Admin Tools, but "Sideview".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi!   Sideview Admin Tools is effectively superceded by the Canary app, and the newer copy of the Sideview Editor that ships inside Canary.

If you're running Splunk 8.X then Sideview Admin Tools won't really work at all and you'll *have* to get Canary instead.   If on the other hand you're running Splunk 7.X then that's a bug of some kind, and I'm curious what exact version of Splunk you're running so that I can reproduce.,

However either way your best bet is to switch to Canary,  as it runs great on both 7.X and 8.X

You can read more about what all this means here - https://sideviewapps.com/apps/canary/sideview-utils-users/

0 Karma

Zubbuz
Loves-to-Learn

@sideview : Thanks for checking on this. Yes we are running on Splunk 8.x version.

"Sideview Admin Tools" app had licensing dashboards in it, do we find the same in canary app?

In the Splunk base i didn't find any information on licensing dashboard: Canary | Splunkbase

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ah!    Great.  No I've been waiting for folks to ask about the old tools in the Admin Tools app.

I had not moved over the "License Monitor" into Canary,  but I'll do so now and in all likelihood it will be in the next release of Canary.   Which should actually go live next week some time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...