All Apps and Add-ons

SA-Eventgen how to decrease log verbosity

gballanti
Explorer

I've installed SA-Eventgen and SPL Examples that work as expected. Unfortunately in few days the logs filled up my filesystem. In particulary the "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/lib/splunk_eventgen/logs/eventgen-main.log" file is becomed 22G big in a week.
The log reports rows as follow

2019-12-18 09:15:09 eventgen DEBUG MainProcess {'event': "hourOfDayRate for sample 'noise.cpu' in app 'spl_examples' is 0.4"}
2019-12-18 09:15:09 eventgen DEBUG MainProcess {'event': "dayOfWeekRate for sample 'noise.cpu' in app 'spl_examples' is 0.5"}
2019-12-18 09:15:09 eventgen DEBUG MainProcess {'event': 'Original count: 7.5 Rated count: 2 Rate factor: 0.2038'}

So I was thinking that application could be in debug mode, checking the eventgen.conf seems it ain't

debug = false
verbosity = false

Is there any way to reduce the log verbosity ?

Thanks & regards

1 Solution

lwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
  1. Try to set DEFAULT_LOGGING_LEVEL = "ERROR" in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/lib/splunk_eventgen/lib/logging_config/__init__.py; or
  2. Set 'disable_existing_loggers': True in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/lib/splunk_eventgen/lib/logging_config/__init__.py;

View solution in original post

lwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
  1. Try to set DEFAULT_LOGGING_LEVEL = "ERROR" in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/lib/splunk_eventgen/lib/logging_config/__init__.py; or
  2. Set 'disable_existing_loggers': True in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/lib/splunk_eventgen/lib/logging_config/__init__.py;

gballanti
Explorer

option 1 works fine, thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...