All Apps and Add-ons

Redirecting to different views based on click value

ChhayaV
Communicator

Hi,

I have a chart which shows errorcount by host(SP,DB,CRM,etc).
now i want to do a drilldown suppose if i click on SP i should get a dashboard showing charts for SP only similarily for other two too.

how can i do it

Thanks

kavyaa
Explorer

Before click on host "SP", I want to put default host "SP" ..........
did you try for default value based on click value?

0 Karma

amit_saxena
Communicator

Hi,

I feel this can be done by SimpleXML by using "drilldown" tag for dynamic drilldown.

You have to use "click.value" or "click.value2" depends upon whether the chart is bar chart or non-bar chart.

Let me know your views on this.

Regards,
Amit Saxena

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

hi,
i have already commented on second ans thats what i want to do

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See the documentation within Sideview Utils itself under "General Techniques > Linking", in which there are several examples of how to use the Redirector module for simple drilldowns. Make sure to click the litle link that says "view the XML source for this example", and follow along in the example's XML source as you're reading the docs.

Also, if you don't have such links, that probably means you're using the ancient 1.3.5 version, so you should upgrade to the latest (2.5) from the Sideview website at http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils

But basically it looks like this:

<module name="Redirector">
  <param name="url">your_view_name_here</param>
  <param name="arg.host">$host.rawValue$</param>
</module>

Again the docs pages about linking and the other pages about inline drilldowns will tell you everything you need to know.

0 Karma

ChhayaV
Communicator

hi,
Great!!!!!!!! thank you this is what i wanted 🙂

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Oh. Sorry I misunderstood. The "url" param of the redirector can also accept $foo$ substitution, so I recommend something like <param name="url">$click.fields.host$_host_detail</param> and then you just create three similar but different views - DB_host_detail, CRM_host_detail, SP_host_detail.

ChhayaV
Communicator

hi i have already passed host . what i want is charts on target view should change according to host value passed.if i click SP i should see chrt showing error by area category etc and when i click on DB then it should show charts for error code severity etc

0 Karma

Mahieu
Communicator

Hi there,
You're going to need advanced xml here.
You need to add the below module (instead of the usual redirection to the flash timeline) :

/app/yourapp/yourdashboard?host=$click.value$

ChhayaV
Communicator

i am using side view utils redirector and target dashboard should chaneg based on host value passed from source

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...