All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk6 app-bar modification

Parameshwara
Path Finder

app-bar = top right app name+link (just below splunkbar;usermenu,messages,settings...)

Instead of showing in text the name of the app, i've changed it to client logo picture. Now i'm trying to change the link to clients website instead.

"/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/shared/appbar/AppLabel.html" seems to be the only location I could find that defines this, and modifying it, with Splunk restart does not take any effect.

Anyone done any similar changes successfully?

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You would be better off using Jquery to do this more efficiently. It will also avoid upgrade headaches.

In $YOUR_APP/appserver/static/dashboard.js, place this code:

require(['jquery'], function($) {
    $(".app-link").attr("href", "http://www.example.com");
});

NOTE: You will need to RESTART Splunk for this to take effect, but it should load on every page that loads the dashboard.js file (Simple XML and HTML dashboards. NOT the default Search view)

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Doing modifications down there usually requires rebuilding the files in $SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/build - note, changes to that template affect every app. If you take a look at the Master.js in there, you can find where the link is calculated.

kkirsche
Engager

@martin_mueller — are there instructions on how to revuid the files located there?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...