All Apps and Add-ons

Real time database insertion from Splunk

ahmedhassanean
Explorer

Dears,

may i know if there is any way to configure Splunk to insert Data into Database in real time using Db connect or any other method

thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

A couple of approaches :

1) The Splunk MYSQL connector includes a search command, mysqloutput, that you can use to insert or update records in a table in a MySQL database based on fields resulting from your Splunk search.

2) you could use one of the Developer SDKs, write a custom program to execute a Splunk search , process the XML/JSON/CSV result and roll this up into a SQL statement to insert/update tables in your database.

3) you could write your own custom search command , and insert this at the end of you search pipeline to insert/update your DB tables with Splunk search fields ie: index=foo sourcetype=goo | stats count by host | myCustomOutputToDBCommand

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/55134/automatically-forward-splunk-data-to-database.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

A couple of approaches :

1) The Splunk MYSQL connector includes a search command, mysqloutput, that you can use to insert or update records in a table in a MySQL database based on fields resulting from your Splunk search.

2) you could use one of the Developer SDKs, write a custom program to execute a Splunk search , process the XML/JSON/CSV result and roll this up into a SQL statement to insert/update tables in your database.

3) you could write your own custom search command , and insert this at the end of you search pipeline to insert/update your DB tables with Splunk search fields ie: index=foo sourcetype=goo | stats count by host | myCustomOutputToDBCommand

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/55134/automatically-forward-splunk-data-to-database.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...