All Apps and Add-ons

REST API Modular Input: Why are Arabic characters not encoded properly?

toumii
Engager

Hi everyone,

I'm using the REST API Modular Input to get data from a web page (php). The thing is that data is a mix of arabic and french characters. I specified the charset in props.conf, but that data I'm getting is still not correctly encoded. I tried both CP1256 and ISO-8859-6 codes.

Can anyone please help me figure that out?

0 Karma

Friss

Here's the sourcetype config and the specified encoding :

[ivd]
 pulldown_type = true
 LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]*)>
 NO_BINARY_CHECK = true
 DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT

[host::GI-PC]
 CHARSET = CP1256

and as you can see in the screenshots the rest api seems to be okay, still the search results are not as they should be.

alt text

alt text

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I don't have any issues with arabic charsets.

alt text
alt text

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No issues with json either.

alt text
alt text

0 Karma

toumii
Engager

Thank you very much for your respose. I am working with a json response. Do you think this parameter has anything to do with this issue?

0 Karma

Friss

hey I m facing the same issue i was wondering if you got the solution then maybe you could share 🙂
have a nice one .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...