All Apps and Add-ons

QualysGuard causing errors at startup

ontai
Explorer

I've tried installing the QualysGuard app in Splunk 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 and I keep getting syntax errors such as the following at startup:

Error while parsing '/opt/splunk/etc/apps/QualysGuard/default/data/ui/views/PaxHeader/vuln_kb.xml':
syntax error: line 1, column 0

Error while parsing '/opt/splunk/etc/apps/QualysGuard/default/data/ui/views/PaxHeader/overview.xml':
syntax error: line 1, column 0

All of the PaxHeader XML files look something like this:

17 uid=223919950
20 ctime=1330543946
20 atime=1330543946
24 SCHILY.dev=234881026
23 SCHILY.ino=18306079
18 SCHILY.nlink=1

What do I need to do to get rid of those errors messages?

Tags (1)

samurai
Explorer

You can just delete all the PaxHeader folders in the QualysGuard app folder ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/QualysGuard). These folders are not used by Splunk, and once you delete them, the error message should disappear. I assume you are running on Windows? If yes, then you have to edit inputs.conf ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/QualysGuard/default/inputs.conf) to use the Windows settings, and edit config.ini to use your username and password for QualysGuard API server.

0 Karma

TQP9999

i do not have any PaxHeader folder beside; appserver, bin, default, local, log,and metadata. your thoughts?

0 Karma

TQP9999

i download and installed "Sideview Utils" and its not a bad idea to restart your splunk service for the change effect. This work for me both in Chrome and IE. Goodluck

0 Karma

TQP9999

sadly not and still trying to get it working 🙂 if you have any lead please share. thank you

0 Karma

ghee22
Engager

Does Splunk for QualysGuard work for you? I have Sideview Utils 1.3.5 installed and it still does not work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...