All Apps and Add-ons

Python 3 Compatibility Fails: App Created using Splunk Addon Builder App Failing Upgrade Readiness

Raghavendran

My App is failing to upgrade readiness for python3.

I am getting an error in the cim_actions.py file. I have upgraded the readiness app to a new version. I even tried creating a new app from the scratch even if that's failing the readiness check.  

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.27.14 AM.png

0 Karma

Raghavendran

But these codes were generated by the addon builder i did try commenting out the mentioned codes still it didn't help.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try a newer version of the add-on builder.  If no newer version is available then you may need to make changes to the generated code as suggested by the readiness app.  Commenting out the code won't help - it may pass checks, but probably won't work properly.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you made the suggested code changes?  Once you do that the app should pass the readiness check.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...