All Apps and Add-ons

Proxy Problems

willadams
Contributor

I have this add-on installed on a Heavy Forwarder and I seem to be getting stuck with the proxy configuration for the app. On my heavy forwarder I do have a proxy configuration for the whole system (under /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh) that has my proxy configurations for when I need to go out via the proxy. As part of this configuration I have added a "no_proxy" entry for internal traffic. I attempted to add in an exclusion for ".telemetry.microsoft.com" so that the app would force the traffic through the firewall to allow for the smq.telemetry.microsoft.com link that it makes via TCP. However it appears that the python script makes the assumption that "if http_proxy" exists use it and consequently seems to ignore the fact that the URL has been excluded. I also do not have the proxy configuration enabled o (or configured) in the TA. Is there a way to force this app to honor the proxy configuration on the system so that its not assuming proxy and forcing it. When it goes through proxy it then forces a redirect to login.microsoftonline.com with logins etc. The api, tenant id and secret key work as I have tested this on a less restricted server.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...