All Apps and Add-ons

Proofpoint TAP Modular Input App: ERROR ExecProcessor

Viaris

Hi all,
after installing the "Proofpoint TAP Modular Input", there is the following error in: _internal splunkd proofpoint_tap_siem.py

11-30-2018 15:51:44.512 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-Proofpoint-TAP\bin\proofpoint_tap_siem.py"" proofpoint_tap_siem://proofpoint_stanza_tap: stream_events/proofpoint_tap_siem://proofpoint_stanza_tap: An error occurred updating credentials. Please ensure your user account has admin_all_objects and/or list_storage_passwords capabilities. Details: 'No such entity proofpoint_tap_siem_proofpoint_stanza_tap_********%5Csplunkproxy%3A'

i use admin account with enabled "admin_all_objects and/or list_storage_passwords". Any idea?
Thanks!

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

Hi,

no idea about the proof point TA, but its stated in the docs that Splunk CIM Add-on is required, so just a thought, did you install the CIM add on?

Might want to check out this as well: https://help.proofpoint.com/Threat_Insight_Dashboard/API_Documentation/SIEM_API

From this older post: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/578344/proofpoint-tap-modular-input-app-admin-all-objects.html it seems to be a genral issue, you could try to connect support@proofpoint.com.

0 Karma

Viaris

Hi dkeck, thanks for the answer.
i think the issue could be related to this part:
"Details: 'No such entity proofpoint_tap_siem_proofpoint_stanza_tap_%5Csplunkproxy%3A'"
i can't find what should be the "entity"

0 Karma

hijacob
Communicator

Wich version of splunk and the app do you use?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...