All Apps and Add-ons

Ponydocs in Splunk

x9079
Engager

Does anyone have experience using ponydocs? I'm new to Splunk and can't decipher if this is an app (or addon) that operates inside of splunk, of if it is a stand alone app that is outside of the Splunk app.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ponydocs is not related to Splunk Enterprise or any app. It is the open source version of the customized MediaWiki platform that Splunk uses to author and publish its product documentation.

See the Ponydocs documentation for more info.

View solution in original post

mkatten
Engager

In fact, you can see Ponydocs in action at the Genesys Telecommunications Docs website where it serves as the presentation layer for all our online content. We appreciate the power and flexibility of Ponydocs.

mkatten
Engager

Thanks, but there should not be a ")" on the end of the link. (I don't have enough karma yet to do the link myself.)

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

sectrainingjk
Explorer

As of 2020 this link is invalid. It no longer shows "ponydocs in action."

(The other comment about the '(' in the URL is moot, as well.)

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ponydocs is not related to Splunk Enterprise or any app. It is the open source version of the customized MediaWiki platform that Splunk uses to author and publish its product documentation.

See the Ponydocs documentation for more info.

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

you can also join #ponydocs on EFNET, it's kind of quiet in there but if you hang out a while, someone can help you out. i'm happy to chat with you about Ponydocs, its features, etc anytime.

sectrainingjk
Explorer

This URL for Ponydocs is missing the 's' at the end.

@jtrucks_splunk has the proper one, below.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

fixed it 😉

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ponydocs details are:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Ponydocs/1.0/Content/WhatisPonydocs

It is a documentation platform, as the docs indicate. It is a standalone system run from a normal web server.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...