All Apps and Add-ons

Polling failed on Splunk4jmx

sylvainLuce
Explorer

Hi all,

I had installed Splunk4Jmx
I modified config.xml to connect to a custom JMX. => I restart Splunk with sucess. I see Thread in the dashboard but .... no polling ! Each time i restart Splunk, it takes the jmx data but no polling after X seconds...

Looking to my inputs.conf.

[jmx://MyJMX]
config_file = config.xml
polling_frequency = 120
sourcetype = jmx
index = jmx
disabled = 0

Looks good ?!

In splunkd, i've got 2 error i don't understand :

02-10-2015 10:44:08.157 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SPLUNK4JMX/bin/jmx.py" Can't connect to Splunk REST API with the token [Splunk Pw^IsVA0Ex45pv7LtpxeiaxulEghamSPNvscnQBQpqVEryOyiKpD8lNrK3awv7Ey5oCOYw6nCk_xygiZsrvYRMW7kd3tiH_v75oicNCHPb6ICQO50Du9cvIDxF], either the token is invalid or SplunkD has exited : null
02-10-2015 10:44:18.159 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SPLUNK4JMX/bin/jmx.py" It has been determined via the REST API that all inputs have been disabled

I saw on this forum, some explanation about python version...etc but my python's version is 2.7.5

Thanks for your help
Sylvain

0 Karma
1 Solution

sylvainLuce
Explorer

Each time the same... When I wrote a message , I find the solution. Just re-install with the version 2.1 (Splunk is on 6.1.5) and problem solved.
Sorry ...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sylvainLuce
Explorer

Each time the same... When I wrote a message , I find the solution. Just re-install with the version 2.1 (Splunk is on 6.1.5) and problem solved.
Sorry ...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...