All Apps and Add-ons

Permission Issue for Oracle WebLogic App for splunk

kpavan
Path Finder

Hi Team,

Am trying to integrate weblogic app for Splunk to get some metrics and am facing some issue with permission issue while executing these wls scripts from TA files. Could you please let me know where am missing

And also tried giving root permission didn't work.

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Oracle_WebLogic_TA/bin/runWlstScriptsMinute.sh /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Oracle_WebLogic_TA/ /opt/governance/OIM/wlserver_10.3" /bin/sh: /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Oracle_WebLogic_TA/bin/runWlstScriptsMinute.sh: Permission denied

Thanks!
Pavan

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Two possible options: a) You either copied the directory with a different user than the Splunk process is running or b) you are missing the +x (run permission) flag on the scripts.

Skalli

0 Karma

kpavan
Path Finder

Thanks Skalli for your response!

It did worked, actually i forgot to set +x for scripts.

And also wanted to know if any solution for Error: Could not find or load main class weblogic.WLST? not sure where to set this. It will great if you have any suggestion for this ?

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Oracle_WebLogic_TA/bin/runWlstScriptsMinute.sh /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/Oracle_WebLogic_TA/ /opt/governance/OIM/wlserver_10.3" Error: Could not find or load main class weblogic.WLST

Thanks!

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Sorry, I can't help you with that. Maybe a compatibility issue. It's listed only to be working wiht Splunk 6.5. In the details section of the app, there is a support URL listed. Try contacting the developers: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1340/#/details

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...