All Apps and Add-ons

Non-Repoonding hosts lists non F5

mmacdonald70
Explorer

I have recently installed the F5 Analytics app and it works well with one exception.

For some reason that I am unable to figure out, on the Dashboard, the non-responding hosts section lists every device that is monitored in Splunk (we also monitor Syslog from several hundred network devices).

Any idea how to fix this?

0 Karma

kbocchino
Explorer

Ideally you should be sending data from the HTTP Event Collector for F5 Devices to a specific index example: f5-default. If you have all of the BIG-IPs going to F5 only indexes you would then update the f5_index macro to index name and that will prevent all hosts from being listed.

mmacdonald70
Explorer

I can't believe that I missed that index=* line. Index updated and it works as expected. Thank you

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

we did define specific index name in f5_index macro, still we see different hosts in non-responding hosts...did you get this resolved...??

0 Karma

j0shrice
Path Finder

Also interested in if this was resolved?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...