All Apps and Add-ons

NMON Performance Monitor for Unix and Linux Systems: Why am I getting a "permission denied" error on each of my search heads?

iatwal
Path Finder

We keep getting this error message from each one of our search heads, I fixed the permissions on each search head and am still getting errors. Any suggestions?

-rwxrwxrwx.  1 root root     2648 Sep 12 08:53 nmon_cleaner.sh

09-13-2016 10:05:24.749 -0700 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-nmon/bin/nmon_cleaner.sh --cleancsv" /bin/sh: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-nmon/bin/nmon_cleaner.sh: Permission denied
0 Karma
1 Solution

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

This is strange, I'll check this ASAP.
The nmon_cleaner.sh is a shell wrapper to nmon_cleaner.pl/.py can you check the permission of these files too ?

This is surprising, in the package I am quite sure permissions are fine, wouldn't you have extracted files on Windows hosts ?

View solution in original post

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

This is strange, I'll check this ASAP.
The nmon_cleaner.sh is a shell wrapper to nmon_cleaner.pl/.py can you check the permission of these files too ?

This is surprising, in the package I am quite sure permissions are fine, wouldn't you have extracted files on Windows hosts ?

View solution in original post

iatwal
Path Finder

I just changed the permissions on all 3 of them, will wait to see if I get anymore issues. Appreciate the rapid response...you have a phenomenal application.

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Glad you like it !
Thank you 😉

0 Karma

iatwal
Path Finder

ok this worked! thank you!

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're welcome.

I have no idea why you've lost execution permission on these files, I have checked in the package and permissions are correct.
Maybe the way you extracted or have transfer the content.

Any way, nice it is solved.

Guilhem

0 Karma
.conf21 CFS Extended through 5/20!

Don't miss your chance
to share your Splunk
wisdom in-person or
virtually at .conf21!

Call for Speakers has
been extended through
Thursday, 5/20!