All Apps and Add-ons

*NIX App Compatible With AIX?

flucman
Explorer

Hello,

I am currently adding splunk to some AIX servers. The *NIX app is gathering data from all the linux servers but none of the AIX servers seem to be getting the app.

For the App I have version:

Splunk App for Unix - 5.0.1

*NIX 4.6 - 4.6

and on the AIX servers am installing splunk 5.04:

splunkforwarder-5.0.4

Does one of the versions need updated to get AIX or is it not supported by the App?

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You don't want both 4.6 and 5.0.1 versions of the unix app. You'll also want to enable receiving from forwarders on port 9997 of the indexer.

On the AIX servers, you want to install splunkforwarder and Splunk_TA_nix, restart, then enable the inputs you want, and create a forward from your forwarder to port 9997 of the indexer.

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would advise using the most current version of our universal forwarder, which is 6.0.2 at the moment:

http://www.splunk.com/download/universalforwarder

0 Karma

flucman
Explorer

I got the search head updated and installed the new version on one of the aix servers in the apps directory and now it gives a segmentation fault and dies on start up. Had this problem earlier when tried installing 5.0.2 so upgraded to 5.0.4 which starts up fine with no app.

Does a higher version of the forwarder need to be installed? Also, tested updated unix app on a linux server and works fine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...