All Apps and Add-ons

Monitoring of Java Virtual Machines with JMX: Is Splunk going down because of the python script in this app?

RAYUDU_NARA
Explorer

In my Environment, Splunk is going down on its own and in errors we find below error messages at the time of when Splunk went down.
So, my question "Does Splunk go down because of any script and how does this script play a role to Splunk going down?".
Because of these errors, we disabled the Monitoring of Java Virtual Machines with JMX (Splunk for JMX) app, after this Splunk is working fine. Please suggest me how we can use Splunk for JMX without any issues?

02-21-2017
08:01:05.070 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SPLUNK4JMX/bin/jmx.py" The root config
object(JMXPoller) failed to initialize, stanza : jmx
02-21-2017
08:01:05.070 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python
02-21-2017
08:01:05.071 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python
02-21-2017
08:01:05.071 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python
0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

The root config object(JMXPoller)
failed to initialize

You malformed your configuration XML file.
Ensure that the XML is correctly formed and in adherence with the schema in the Documentation (SPLUNK4JMX/appserver/static/docs/configuration_schema/config.pdf)

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

It is part of the core release.I cant speak for your deployment environment and where you've put your files.

Focus on your core problem , you XML file is misconfigured or malformed XML.

Post you XML in this thread. Someone can look at it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...