All Apps and Add-ons

Monitoring URL Content

justindett
Path Finder

Hi,

Is it possible to monitor a line of text from a url? Monitoring the url is fine using the Website Monitoring App, but we would like to go a level deeper and monitor if any of the text changes.
The output is as follows :
{"csp configuration file":"1.03","icc version":"8.8.1 build 1860 patch 0","icc host":"servername","plans running":6,"plans":6}

Basically the numbers at the end need to remain constant, if they differ, we need an alert raised.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jwiedow
Communicator

@justindett, there is an option when you create an input for Website Monitoring that may help you with what you are trying to do.

Use the 'Include Raw Output' checkbox under the Timeout field. This will capture the raw output from your check into a new event with the sourcetype of webping:response. You can then use a search to check the value of plans running against plans.

index=website_monitoring sourcetype=webping:response source=webping://something 'plans running'<plans

You can use the output from this search to create an alert.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...