All Apps and Add-ons

Microsoft Azure Active Directory Reporting Add-on for Splunk: Why am I getting the following "Traceback" Error when saving Client ID and Client Secret?

jbrocks
Communicator

Hi everybody, I installed the Microsoft Azure Active Directory Reporting Add-on for Splunk. When I enter the Client ID and the Client Secret, I am getting the following error when clicking on "save":

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/handler.py", line 113, in wrapper for name, data, acl in meth(self, *args, **kwargs): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/handler.py", line 86, in wrapper return meth(self, name, data) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/handler.py", line 197, in update self.rest_credentials.encrypt_for_update(name, data) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/credentials.py", line 165, in encrypt_for_update self._set(name, encrypting) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/credentials.py", line 382, in _set password=context.dump(credentials) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/utils.py", line 154, in wrapper return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/credentials.py", line 150, in set_password self._update_password(partial_user, curr_str) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/utils.py", line 154, in wrapper return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/credentials.py", line 176, in _update_password self._storage_passwords.create(password, user, self._realm) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/packages/splunklib/client.py", line 1826, in create state = _parse_atom_entry(entries[0]) IndexError: list index out of range

Does anyone know how this happens? I installed the add-on on my search head and my two Indexers and tried to configure the set up on my search head as it was not possible to configure anything on the Indexers.

0 Karma
1 Solution

deger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is typically a file permission issue, make sure the owner of the Splunk service can write to the folder inputs.conf correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

deger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is typically a file permission issue, make sure the owner of the Splunk service can write to the folder inputs.conf correctly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...