All Apps and Add-ons

Lookup Editor Issues

jwhughes58
Contributor

We are using 'Splunk App for Lookup File Editing' version 4.0.1.  There are two issues that bother me.  First is the continuous popup about 'Save Backup'.  I need a way of turning this off since most of the time my edits are of adhoc lookups and I don't want a backup.  Second is the can't save error message I get in Firefox.  I have to quit Firefox, restart, and then I can save.  After a number of adhoc lookups I get the error message again.  Any work arounds beyond restarting the browser?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jwhughes58
Contributor

I worked with Sahil Sharma of Technical Support on this.  The answer was to update the add-on from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2.  That fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jwhughes58
Contributor

I worked with Sahil Sharma of Technical Support on this.  The answer was to update the add-on from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2.  That fixed the problem.

0 Karma

jwhughes58
Contributor

Screenshot of error message

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...