All Apps and Add-ons

Javascript Not Loading

Kendo213
Communicator

The dashboard.js doesn't appear to be working. I have Lookup Editor installed, and I can see the table of searches. However, 'Add Search' doesn't work, the "look" (css) of the page doesn't appear correct, the 'Add Search' button doesn't work, and the button in the bottom right doesn't appear.

I'm running Splunk 7.1.2, and this works fine on a fresh 7.1.2 search head, so I assume it's some issue that exists on my search head. Any ideas?

0 Karma

khutchinson_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the Javascript is not loading then there is a problem with the Splunk "cache" not being bounced or you are restricted from accessing the dashboard.js file that is in the etc/apps/spgt_*/appserver/static directory. Please restart your Splunk search head if you have not yet done so. The app needs a restart after download due to new files being present. (Splunk can't see new files unless it is bounced, thus adding the new objects to application cache) If you restart the search head and are still having the issues then you have browser caching issues. You will need to bounce your browser to make sure that there are no overriding cached values in place. If you still don't see the change then follow this link for other caching tips..... https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7B40CF5975EEE325%21122&authkey=%21ALYIlLvXByjSyPA&page=View&wd.... If you keep zillions of tabs open in your browser then this can be a chronic issue... If the file is then "seen" by splunkweb AND your broswer has no cached overrides you should be good. If not its a permissions or soft-link routing issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...