All Apps and Add-ons

Issues pulling data via Rest API

todd_miller
Communicator

Configured this app in a 6.5.2 Distributed environment with the IA running on a standalone heavy forwarder. Currently receiving the following error at every polling cycle:

EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:603)
0 Karma

todd_miller
Communicator

I'm leaning more towards this being an issue with Splunk and not an issue with the Cyphort app. My gut is telling me this is an issue with the Python SSL libraries perhaps. I'm getting the exact same error with another API-based app pulling data over SSL.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@todd_miller Did you figure out your problem?

0 Karma

todd_miller
Communicator

Hah, yes. Thanks for circling back, I completely forgot.

Silly error I might add. After doing some digging I found I needed to bypass the Cyphort appliance in the proxy settings. Was right as rain after that.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Kudos! Thanks for replying.

0 Karma

aplura_llc_supp
Path Finder

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you have any issues with the app in the future.

0 Karma

kredfield

Hi Todd/Aplura,

We've got a trouble ticket open @Cyphort to address this and can provide the details from the backend that you're looking for via that.

Thanks for trying the App! - Aplura has been excellent at turnaround for any issues, so I'm confident we'll get to the bottom of it shortly.

Keith Redfield
Cyphort Technical Support

Hi Todd,

Keith from Cyphort here. We think this is probably a bug with our Splunk App and we'll work with you on getting it resolved ASAP via the ticket we have open with you.

Regards,

-Keith

0 Karma

aplura_llc_supp
Path Finder

Do you have the entire traceback stack that you can post? What version of software is running on your Cyphort appliance?

0 Karma

todd_miller
Communicator

No, what do I need to do to enable?

Cyphort Version 4.0.1.16

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...