All Apps and Add-ons

Issue when setup splunk add-on for kafka

cubeeu
Engager

Hello,

I want to setup "Splunk Add-on for Kafka" for monitoring a Kafka Cluster.
There is a dependency with the "Splunk Add-on for JMX".

I setup both with no issues, but now when I follow this doc http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Kafka/ConfigureJMXinputs
On Input Configuration steps, on step 3, as destination app I got only Splunk_TA_jmx and no Splunk_TA_kafka

Can you tell me which steps I missed?

thanks for your advice.

BrytOne
Observer

Does anyone has luck on this? i am trying to configure JMX input to Splunk Kafka add on. couldn't see options to add servers etc. I have both JMX and Kafka addons loaded into Splunk also could see JMX add-on working fine and fetching the metrics. Its just that unable to connect Kafka add-on to JMX add-on

0 Karma

gaanderson
Engager

I too am experiencing this issue. I have installed both the Kafka Add-on and JMX add-on as instructed, and the Kafka add-on is working as expected. However, it is not available from the "Destination App" drop-down on the JMX "Add Server" menu, despite the instructions suggesting that it would be. If a bug, please fix this ASAP, if not, please update the documentation to include the full instructions necessary to make this work correctly. Thank you.

0 Karma

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you have the Splunk Add-on for Kafka installed on the heavy forwarder where you are doing those steps?

0 Karma

cubeeu
Engager

Thanks for your answer, yes it was setup, I will review that and continue digging.

0 Karma

pswalia06
Explorer

Did you get some success?I need to setup too but not able to understand the doc? Help if you can

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...