All Apps and Add-ons

Is the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server compatible with Splunk DB Connect 2?

pdjhh
Communicator

Hi there,

The Splunk Add-on for SQL doc I'm looking at here says it is compatible with Splunk DB Connect versions 1.1.6 and 1.1.7, but I am running Splunk DB Connect 2. Could you advise if I can install and run the SQL Add-on please?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just checked with the product team, and no, the SQL Server Add-On is not compatible with DB Connect 2.

View solution in original post

etrailer

It looks like Microsoft SQL Server added support for DB Connect V2 on 2015-10-09 per the release

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just checked with the product team, and no, the SQL Server Add-On is not compatible with DB Connect 2.

View solution in original post

pdjhh
Communicator

Do you know if there's any risks/loss of functionality if I role back my DB connector to 1.1.7 so that I can go ahead and use the sql add-on?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

DB Connect 2 does not overwrite DB Connect 1.x. It installs alongside it. You should be able to use either configuration. See the upgrade information in the docs for details.

0 Karma

pdjhh
Communicator

Can anyone point me at some good resources to glean sql performance data without the SQL Add-on please?

0 Karma
Did you miss .conf21 Virtual?

Good news! The event's keynotes and many of its breakout sessions are now available online, and still totally FREE!