All Apps and Add-ons

Is anyone maintaining Splunk Mint for Windows (Phone) source code?

ClipaVu

Hello,

Is there anybody that can further maintain Splunk MINT code for WPF applications? If so, who is the owner?

I recently discovered an easily fixable bug in that code but I see no any contact how to get it fixed.

I tried to contact Owners on NuGet Gallery but no reply.
I am talking about this NuGet package: https://www.nuget.org/packages/BugSense.WPF.Official

I remember I got an answer from your Support back in 2015 that the project will be open-sourced. Has it happened?

Please help! How to get it fixed???

Best regards
Jan

You sent the following message via NuGet Gallery:
User JanZeman sends the following message to the owners of Package 'BugSense.WPF.Official'.
Hello,
I found a bug in BugSense-WPF, 3.6.7.0. I even know how to fix it but I do not know whom to contact. It is the very basic functionality - it causes the crash when attempting to send a crash record - so quite important.
Who can I contact? Do you have any concrete contact in Splunk? Is there anybody who maintain this project?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards Jan Zeman

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Windows is not a supported platform and no support or dev is planned at this time.

0 Karma

ClipaVu

Hello Croyal,

What about the promise Splunk did about open sourcing that particular project? I would volunteer to contribute and maintain it if I got the opportunity. The fix is really extremely simple.

Could you please point me to anybody who has the access to the original source code of https://www.nuget.org/packages/BugSense.WPF.Official ???

Thank you in advance
Jan

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Jan -

MINT team changes have been made since 2015, so I'm unable to comment on previous communication on Windows SDK release plans. There are no plans to open source Windows SDK at this time and independent release of the original source code outside of a formal open source release plan isn't an option. Your comments and request to contribute have been passed to the SDK manager.

0 Karma

ClipaVu

Hi Croyal,

I understand. Thank you for passing it to SDK manager. That code base is old I even believe it even used to be public on GitHub.

I do not need any new features of course. I would only loved to have a fail-free reporting and as said I would be willing to invest my time in it. I used to communicate with Bugsense/Splunk some years ago on similar issues and we always had a great cooperation.

I will hope for at least some kind of feedback from your SDK manager.

Thank you
Jan

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...