What is the best method to distribute Identities and Connections via the search cluster deployer? I have done the following on our three-node cluster and everything works except one MS SQL connection on a single cluster node. Can the proper way to do this be added to the Splunk docs?
Cluster host #1
1. Installed DB Connect v2 app
2. Downloaded database drivers and copied to splunk_app_db_connect/bin/lib
3. Setup up Identities and Connections. Once steps 1-3 were completed I was able to query the databases.
4. scp'ed the DB Connect v2 app to the deployer
5. Removed the DB Connect v2 app from Cluster host #1
6. Executed "apply shcluster-bundle". This successfully pushed the DB Connect v2 app to all three of our cluster nodes
Cluster Node #1
1. This is the host in which I initially setup DB connect and the database connections still function after the push from the deployer.
Cluster Node #2
MySQL connection works but MS SQL connection doesn’t
Cluster Node #3
Both MySQL and MS SQL connections work