All Apps and Add-ons

Installed App for *nix but no CPU/Memory/Disk data

qubick
Path Finder

I installed App for *nix which might grab CPU/Memory/Disk usage as I expected.
However, it does nothing, showing no results. Should I set up something on it?

+)
I installed a forwarder to my local machine, and an indexer to the remote-server.
Since my forwarder does not grab anything via the app (*nix), it seems to be forwarding nothing to the receiver…

I appreciate for any help to move forward.

0 Karma
1 Solution

qubick
Path Finder

I figured out myself; I need to install add-on apps and enable scripted input - such as cpu.sh, vmstats.sh etc. Once I set up connection via settings > data forwarding and receiving (add hostname:port no.), forwarder automatically forwards data to the designated indexer. Don't forget to check at "leave copy to the local machine" to see data collected from own machine's web interface.

View solution in original post

qubick
Path Finder

I figured out myself; I need to install add-on apps and enable scripted input - such as cpu.sh, vmstats.sh etc. Once I set up connection via settings > data forwarding and receiving (add hostname:port no.), forwarder automatically forwards data to the designated indexer. Don't forget to check at "leave copy to the local machine" to see data collected from own machine's web interface.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...