All Apps and Add-ons

Installed App for *nix but no CPU/Memory/Disk data

qubick
Path Finder

I installed App for *nix which might grab CPU/Memory/Disk usage as I expected.
However, it does nothing, showing no results. Should I set up something on it?

+)
I installed a forwarder to my local machine, and an indexer to the remote-server.
Since my forwarder does not grab anything via the app (*nix), it seems to be forwarding nothing to the receiver…

I appreciate for any help to move forward.

0 Karma
1 Solution

qubick
Path Finder

I figured out myself; I need to install add-on apps and enable scripted input - such as cpu.sh, vmstats.sh etc. Once I set up connection via settings > data forwarding and receiving (add hostname:port no.), forwarder automatically forwards data to the designated indexer. Don't forget to check at "leave copy to the local machine" to see data collected from own machine's web interface.

View solution in original post

qubick
Path Finder

I figured out myself; I need to install add-on apps and enable scripted input - such as cpu.sh, vmstats.sh etc. Once I set up connection via settings > data forwarding and receiving (add hostname:port no.), forwarder automatically forwards data to the designated indexer. Don't forget to check at "leave copy to the local machine" to see data collected from own machine's web interface.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...