All Apps and Add-ons

Incorrect path to script - must enable windows file pathing

cpt12tech
Contributor

I was seeing this error in IMAP Mail:

04-01-2015 15:02:29.155 -0600 ERROR FrameworkUtils - Incorrect path to script: .\bin\get_imap_email.py. Script must be located inside $SPLUNK_HOME\bin\scripts.

From this article:
http://answers.splunk.com/answers/76601/error-frameworkutils-incorrect-path-to-script-no-data-is-rec...

I went to the app folder, defaults/inputs.conf and disabled the *nix and enabled the windows. Would be nice to have this in the setup document.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ragingwire
Path Finder

See step 3 "For Windows users please disable the unix script and enable the windows one in file default/inputs.conf"

But thanks!!! I will try to add better documentation for it in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ragingwire
Path Finder

See step 3 "For Windows users please disable the unix script and enable the windows one in file default/inputs.conf"

But thanks!!! I will try to add better documentation for it in the future.

0 Karma

cpt12tech
Contributor

This app is going to be great! We have so many automated reports that are sent through email. I'll be able to create all kinds of graphs and reporting.

0 Karma

cpt12tech
Contributor

So it is. My apologies. Just glossed over that step.

0 Karma

cpt12tech
Contributor

Working beautifully now! Thank you for this app! We send all kinds of errors using email to other servers. This will give me some reporting on the errors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...