All Apps and Add-ons

In the Splunk DB Connect app, after indexing data from my Oracle DB, Why doesn't Splunk recognize field-value pairs?

marziaolla
Path Finder

Hello there,
I got an issue with Splunk DB Connect app.
After indexing data from my Oracle DB, Splunk doesn't recognize field-value pairs

I got an event like that:

06/02/2018, Name=myname, Date_of_birth=24/10/1987

In the interesting fields I don't find the field name and Date_of_birth but only index, linecount and punct.

How can I solve my problem?

Tnx

0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As this data is not in CSV format, can you please change sourcetype to some custom sourcetype??

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As this data is not in CSV format, can you please change sourcetype to some custom sourcetype??

0 Karma

marziaolla
Path Finder

i solved the issue using a custom sourcetype.

Tnx so much for the help 🙂

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have converted my comment to answer so you can accept/upvote it.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you running your search in fastmode ? Try to change it to Smartmode or Verbosemode.

0 Karma

marziaolla
Path Finder

Hi,
the search is running in verbose mode.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please double check whether are you getting data in double quote or not ? Like this 06/02/2018, Name="myname", Date_of_birth="24/10/1987"

Because when I tried to fetch data from Oracle database all fields with value coming in double quotes as mentioned above.

0 Karma

marziaolla
Path Finder

Hi,
data are getting in with double quote as mentioned 🙂

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What sourcetype are you using for this data ? Any props.conf or transforms.conf present for that sourcetype ?

0 Karma

marziaolla
Path Finder

i'm using CSV sourcetype

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...